Space planning is very important because it helps you ensure that whatever space you wish to use for a particular project is properly utilized. The bathroom space is a necessary part of every building, and sometimes people get confused about how to properly manage the bathroom space to end up with a functional bathroom. You also need to know how to use your large bathroom space without wasting space.
In this article, we will discuss the vital things that will help you start the process of effective bathroom space planning. Let’s get started:
- The Size of The Bathroom Space: Size matters a lot in the aspect of bathroom space planning. The size of the bathroom determines what you can place in the bathroom. If you have a large bathroom space, you can decide to have a tub, a shower, multiple cabinets, and an elaborate vanity. If you have a small bathroom space, getting all of that is a bad idea. You may want to get a pedestal style washbasin, a simple shower or tub, and perhaps a small medicine cabinet.
- The Number of Persons: The number of persons that will make use of the bathroom is a significant factor that influences the style in which you choose to plan your bathroom space. If you use the bathroom alone, you may decide to plan it to your taste, but if the bathroom is shared with someone else, you have to make sure you plan the space to be as convenient as possible for another person. You can decide to have an enclosed compartment for the toilet so that one person can be using the toilet while the other person is having a shower, and there is a level of privacy.
- The Budget: It is essential to consider the amount of money available to you while planning your bathroom space. The quality and number of items you put in the bathroom depend on what you can afford. If your budget is quite low, it will be a good idea to keep the bathroom layout simple and stick to the necessities. If your budget is on the high side, then you can get expensive bathroom tiles, marble bathtubs, high-end bathroom vanities Sydney, and other extravagant bathroom equipment.
- Storage: It is essential to consider where you are going to keep things like toothbrushes, toothpaste, towels, and other stuff while planning your bathroom layout. Extra storage is essential, whether it is an overhead cabinet or a medicine cabinet.
- Lighting and Ventilation: This can be a very tricky situation. You need the bathroom to be a bright and airy space, but you also need your privacy. That’s why you can’t get a big window in the bathroom. It is essential to plan for proper artificial lighting and a fan, so you can get the ventilation and the lighting you need. This will allow you to get a standard size window so you can still maintain your privacy.
With all these factors in mind, you will know where to place the necessary bathroom elements like the bathtub, toilet, counter, bathroom vanity, etc. and create a suitable bathroom plan.